Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Poem of the Week Feature

Poem of the Week

I have decided to start a “Poem of the Week” feature in my blog. Every week I will post a poem I wrote that will not appear anywhere else. Enjoy this week's feature!

On a Fall Picnic in 2009

The mountaintop sang
sounding like a bass
without any vocal accompaniment.

Slowly
the
sound
decreased
a
faint
tiny
whistle
heard
from
a
train
in
the
next
town
over.

It followed me
everywhere I went,
the local post office
the library
the new artisan shop
where sterling silver
was made to be displayed
on the living room fireplace mantle.

One sterling teapot sang the same song
when it was full of hibiscus tea and shared
with the unexpected guests,
a local family of rabbits and a dragonfly,
who drank the tea after the picnic
on a Wednesday afternoon during the fall of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment